Searching "Portland Oregon Nurseries" returns over 150,000 results! There are not that many actual nurseries, but there sure are a lot. The Pacific NW grows a large percentage of the nation's nursery stock, so wholesale growers abound. Our rainy springs and sunny summers support plants and gardeners- so retail options are plentiful as well.
I have been to maybe 30-40 nurseries in the Portland area. A few of these really jump out as "must see" nurseries. Here they are, in no particular order.
5 Great Portland Area Nurseries:
- Farmington Gardens. Is it bad that the first one on my list is not in Portland? Farmington Gardens is a large retail nursery that grows a lot of it's own stock. This, combined with it's location, keep their prices lower than the urban nurseries. The staff is helpful, plants are well organized, and they have a large selection. They don't specialize in anything, but do a nice job of selling plants (that's what nurseries do, right?) If you need to get 15-25 plants for a weekend project I suggest you consider Farrmington Gardens.
- Garden World. If the name sounds familiar it's because you have driven past it on I-5 a hundred times. This nursery is also not in Portland. And they also have a huge selection and reasonable prices. Two things really set them apart. First, they have an awesome website that has all their stock on it. It updates in real time. So, you can shop online, pay, and then just go and pick it up. Pretty great. Second, they have a nice selection of large and large-ish trees.
- Hughes Water Gardens. The only nursery you will ever need for planting in and around your water feature. They carry koi, water feature supplies, and are happy to answer any of your questions. It's also just a great place to spend an afternoon!
- Cistus Nursery. This gem on Sauvie Island is a truly incredible little nursery. They specialize in native plant material- stuff you won't get anywhere else (unless you are stealing plants from State Parks.) The nursery itself is a beautiful shabby-chic jewel box. But the plants are really where it's at. Check out the Manzanita selection and get some drought tolerant plants for your garden. Cistus was even visited by Martha Stewart!
- Tony's Garden. Tony's is not a destination nursery, but gets my vote for good reason. This 3 location retail nursery is family owned and run, has a nice selection, and very reasonable prices. If your weekend ambition is to splash color into a bunch of your beds, then Tony's Garden is the place to go.
BONUS 1: Kordell's Garden Center. This West Linn nursery has been drawing me back over and over. The selection is good, prices are reasonable, and the service is fantastic.
BONUS 2: Xera Plants. Xera specializes in plants that are drought tolerant and hardy, many of them native. Basically they carry the plants we should all be smart enough to be landscaping with.
What is your favorite nursery? What makes it so great? Comments are open below! As is a more comprehensive list of nurseries.
Other Portland Area Nurseries:
Al's Garden Center - Gresham, OR 503-491-771 http://www.als-gardencenter.com
Al's Garden Center - Sherwood, OR 503-726-1162 http://www.als-gardencenter.com
Bamboo Garden North Plains, OR 503-647-2700 http://www.bamboogarden.com
Birds & Bees Portland, OR (503) 788-6088
Blooms-N-More Nursery Oregon City, OR 503-632-8203
City Farm Portland, OR (503) 285-0855 http://cityfarmpdx.com/
Cornell Farm Portland, OR 503-292-9895 http://www.cornellfarms.com
Dekum Street Doorway Portland, OR
Dennis' 7 Dees Lake Oswego, OR 503-636-4660 http://www.dennis7dees.com
Dennis' 7 Dees Portland, OR 503-777-142 1 http://www.dennis7dees.com
Drakes 7 Dee's Garden Center Portland, OR 503-256-2223 http://www.drakes7dees.com
Garden Fever!Portland, OR 503-287-3200 http://www.gardenfever.com
Georges Garden Center Clackamas, OR 503-658-5088 https://www.yelp.com/biz/georges-garden-center-clackamas
Livingscape Portland, OR (503) 248-0104 http://www.livingscape.com/
Marbott's Greenhouse & Nursery Portland, OR
One Green World Portland, OR
Pistils Portland, OR (503) 288-4889 http://pistilsnursery.com/
Pomarius Nursery Portland, OR (503) 490-6866 http://www.pomariusnursery.com/
Portland Nursery Portland, OR 503-231-5050 http://www.portlandnursery.com
The Garden Corner Tualatin, OR 503-885-1934 http://www.thegardencorner.com
thicket Portland, OR (503) 926-3817 http://www.thicketpdx.com/
Portland Oregon Native Plant Nurseries:
Aurora Nursery, Inc.
22821 Boones Ferry Road
N.E. Aurora, OR 97002
21200 S. Ferguson Road
Beavercreek, OR 97004
Bosky Dell Natives
23311 SW Bosky Dell Lane
West Linn, OR 97068
Champoeg Nursery, Inc.
9661 Yergen Road NE
Aurora, OR 97002
Echo Valley Natives
18883 S. Ferguson Road
Oregon City, OR 97045
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
P.O. Box 189
Boring, OR 97009
Pacific Northwest Natives
1525 Laurel Heights Drive NW
Albany, OR 97321
Scholls Valley Native Nursery, LLC
P.O. Box 231088
Tigard, OR 97281-1088
Valley Growers Nursery
P.O. Box 610,
30570 S. Barlow Rd.
Hubbard, OR 97032
Oregon Wholesale Nurseries:
Adelman Peony Garden LLC, Salem, OR 503-393-6185
Arbor Grove Nursery Inc., St. Paul, OR 503-678-2991
Ashland Greenhouses, Ashland, OR 541-482-2866
Aurora Nursery, Aurora, OR 503-678-7903
Berryhill Nursery, Sherwood, OR 503-628-1293
Bountiful Farms Nursery Inc., Woodburn, OR 503-981-7494
Boyko Nursery Inc., Boring, OR 503-668-6842
Brentano's Tree Farm LLC, St. Paul, OR 503-633-8733
Brooks Tree Farm, Salem, OR 503-393-6300
Case Nursery, Aurora, OR 503-678-1567
Champoeg Nursery Inc., Aurora, OR 503-678-6348
Dove Creek Nursery LLC, Canby, OR 503-266-3577
European Nursery, Hillsboro, OR 503-844-0688
Fisher Farms LLC, Gaston, OR 503-985-7561
Furney's Nursery Inc., Damascus, OR 503-666-7476
H & L Farms, Beavercreek, OR 503-632-4154
Handy Nursery Company, Boring, OR 503-663-2288
Harold M. Miller Landscape Nursery, Jefferson, OR 503-399-1599
Harris Glen Farms, Canby, OR 503-263-4697
Hepler, Richard and Lori, Molalla, OR 503-310-6554
Heritage Seedlings, Salem, OR 503-585-9835
Highland Meadow Nursery Inc., Molalla, OR 503-651-3810
Hochstein Nursery LLC, Cornelius, OR 503-357-5651
Hofferts Nursery, Dayton, OR 503-260-6516
Hooked On Palms & Hooked On Plants LLC, Medford, OR 541-734-4022
J Farms LLC, Amity, OR 503-559-4581
Kuenzi Turf & Nursery, Salem, OR 503-585-8337
Loomis Nursery Inc., Boring, OR 503-663-5737
McPheeters Turf Inc., Culver, OR 541-546-9081
Meyer Nursery & Orchards Inc., Salem, OR 503-364-3076
Miller Factors, Portland, OR 503-284-0600
Morning Shade Farm, Canby, OR 503-651-2622
Native Habitat Nursery, Dayton, OR 503-864-4800
North American Plants Inc., McMinnville, OR 503-474-1852
Palmer Creek Nursery LLC, Dayton, OR 503-550-4540
Rare Tree Nursery, Silverton, OR 503-847-9242
Robinson Nursery Inc., McMinnville, OR 877-855-8733
Schiedler Family Nursery Inc., Gervais, OR 503-792-4469
Sester Farms Inc., Gresham, OR 503-663-4844
Simnitt Nursery, Canby, OR 503-266-9640
St. Christopher Nursery LLC, Gervais, OR 503-580-4470
Terra Gardens Nursery & Bark, Salem, OR 503-581-0441
Treephoria LLC, Boring, OR 503-663-0220
Weeks Berry Nursery Inc., Keizer, OR 503-393-8112
Western Evergreen, Silverton, OR 503-873-0119
William Dillard Nursery Co., Damascus, OR 503-658-3630
Native Nursery Map: