Who To Follow On Twitter
I use Twitter, like a lot of people, as my personal news feed. For me, that means following other landscapers, designers, manufacturers, gardeners, and industry news media.
I follow a bunch of great accounts, but here are 10 that I highly recommend (in no particular order):
If you are a fellow landscaper check the bonus 3 at the end!
- @inhabit Their motto is "Good design will save the world". I don't know about saving the world, but they do bring a steady stream of good design. Not all of it is landscape related, but much is. Very rarely do I see something from them that I had already seen elsewhere!
- @gardenista Beautiful gardens and spot on trend watching from this online magazine.
- @csabbarese Chris is the social media guy for Corona Tools and runs #treechat and #landscapechat (among others?) Following him will likely introduce you to a bunch of other really passionate gardeners and industry folks. Plus, he just seems to be a nice person. Fill your Twitter feed with nice people, above all.
- @plantsmap Account for your garden's social media life. Plants Map is a a place to catalog, track, and learn about plants.
- @PDXjapanesegarden Portland's Japanese Garden is a world class garden, and is currently being expanded. Keep track of the progress and get a steady stream of gorgeous garden shots here.
- @MonroviaPlants Growers of high quality plants. They do an excellent job of highlighting plants you want to know about and may not. Like this one from the Dan Hinkley collection.
- @landscapearch The account for Damian Holmes, founder of the World Landscape Architecture webzine. Follow WLA too!
- @GardenDesignMag I love "Garden Design" magazine, and I love having their second-to-none pictures in my stream.
- @timberpress Portland based publisher Timber Press publishes and blogs on gardening and related subject. They frequently side track me from designing.
- @landscaping David Beaulieu has been the garden writer for about.com since 2002. That means he has more garden and landscape related content to share than... anyone.
If you are a landscaper follow:
- @jasoncupp Business consultant Jason Cupp works with green industry firms and shares loads of excellent advice and articles for companies of all sizes. Also a nice guy.
- @philrozek If you, like me, do your own marketing or oversee someone you are paying to do marketing then you want to follow Phil. Everything he shares can be described in one word: practical. Nice guy as well.
- @lawnlandscape The editors of "Lawn & Landscape" keep you up to date on all the news effecting the landscape industry.
Did I leave someone out that you just love? Leave a comment and share!